Below is a manually curated list of upcoming meetings relevant to quantitative gene regulation, especially focused on biophysics, chromatin and epigenetics. Feel free to advertise your events. Complementary manually curated lists of conferences are available at the web sites of Abcam and epigenie (chromatin biology), Australian Epigenetics Alliance, Edda Klipp (theoretical biophysics), Ulrich Schwarz (soft matter & biological physics), and London RNA Club.
- "Biology for Physics Conference: is there new physics in living matter?" Barcelona, 15-18 January 2017. Abstract deadline: November 20, 2016. BBS Bursaries up to £400 here.
- "Chromatin - from beads on a string to four-dimensional nuclear architecture". Symposium on occasion of Don Olins' 80th birthday. February 3, 2017, DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany. Free registration.
- Lorne Genome Conference, February 12-14, 2017, Mantra Lorne, Victoria, Australia. Travel grants aplication by November 2, 2016.
- Challenges across Large-Scale Biomolecular and Polymer Simulations, CECAM Workshop, CECAM-AT Danube Center for Atomistic Modeling. February 21-24, 2017.
- "Systems Biology: Global Regulation of Gene Expression", CSHL Meeting, February 26 - March 2, 2017. Abstract Deadline: December 16, 2016
- "Biology at different scales", Winter School in Les Houches, France. March 13-24, 2017.
- Challenges for the Regulation of Gene Drive Technology. March 20-24, 2017. Lorentz Center, Leiden. Free registration.
- Course "Post-transcriptional gene regulation: Mechanisms and networks", Institut Curie, Paris, March 27-31, 2017. Free registration. Application deadline: 29 January 2017.
- "Multiscale modeling and experimental approaches to genome organization: from DNA to chromatin and chromosomes, epigenetics, and cellular function". Les Houches, France. April 2-7, 2017.
- "Multi-scale study of 3D Chromatin structure", EMBL Course, EMBL-EBI Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK. April 10-11, 2017.
- "Chromatin and epigenetics: from mechanism to function", Helmholtz Zentrum München, Munich, Germany, April 5-7, 2017. Talk deadline November 22, 2016. Poster deadline February 7, 2017.
- "Cancer Epigenetics: Mutations, Functions, and Therapies", Gordon Research Conference, Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Lucca (Barga), Italy. April 23-28, 201. Application deadline March 26, 2017.
- "Chromatin and Epigenetics", EMBO Conference. EMBL Heidelberg, Germany 3 - 6 May 2017. Registration Deadlie: 21 Mar 2017. Abstract deadline: 14 Feb 2017
- Nucleotide excision repair and crosslink repair – from molecules to mankind. FEBS Workshop. Smolenice, Slovakia, May 7–11, 2017. Application deadline: February 24, 2017.
- 2nd European Cancer Epigenetics Conference, May 11-13, 2017. DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany. Registration deadline April 15, 2017.
- 4D Nucleome: The Cell Nucleus in Space and Time. Krakow, Poland, May 14-17, 2017. Abstract deadline: April 2, 2017.
- Chromatin and transcriptional silencing, Institut Curie, Paris, France, May 23, 2017.
- "Readers, writers and erasers", Kavli Royal Society Centre, London, UK. May 24-25, 2017. Abstract deadline: 5 April 2017. Free registration.
- 5th European Workshop on Plant Chromatin, The Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Vienna, Austria. 1-2 June 2017.
- 8th International Practical Course in Systems Biology. Göteborg, Sweden. June 5–16, 2017. Application deadline: March 25, 2017. FEBS Fellowships available.
- "Bioinformatics for Principal Investigators", EMBL Course, EMBL-EBI Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK. June 6-8, 2017. Application deadline: April 7, 2017.
- 25th Wilhelm Bernhard Workshop on the Cell Nucleus, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, June 19-22, 2017. Travel awards available.
- Cellmech2017: 7th European Cell Mechanics Meeting, June 21-23, 2017. Windermere, England.
- The Complexity of Dynamics and Kinetics from Single Molecules to Cells, Telluride, CO, USA. June 20-24, 2017
- 2017 IMB Conference is on “Gene Regulation by the Numbers: Quantitative Approaches to Study Transcription”. Mainz, Germany, 19 - 21 June 2016.
- Macromolecular Crowding, Telluride, CO, USA. June 26-30, 2017
- Summer School on Theoretical Biophysics, Cargese (Corsica). 27 June - 7 July 2017. Application deadline: 26 March 2017.
- 19th Congress of the International Union of Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) and 11th Congress of European Biophysical Societies' Association. 16-20 July 2017, Edinburgh, UK. Abstract deadline: 24 March 2017. Early Career Researchers are able to apply for bursaries up to the value of £300. EBSA bursaries deadline 24 February 2017.
- ISMB/ECCB Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, July 21-25, 2017. Details will be available later.
- 11th Annual q-bio Conference, July 25-28, 2017, New Brunswick, NJ. Abstract deadline: March 31, 2017.
- "Physical Biology of the Cell", Advanced Research Training Course. Woods Hole, MA, USA. August 6-26, 2017. Application deadline: April 17, 2017. Financial assistance available.
- "The nucleosome: From atoms to genomes", EMBO conference. 30 August–1 September 2017, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 1st Symposium on Nucleic Acid Modifications. Mainz, Germany, 4-6 September 2017.
- 3rd International SystemsX.ch Conference, September 4-7, 2017, ETH Zurich, Switzerland. Abstract deadline: June 19, 2017.
- Thermodynamics Conference 2017, Edinburgh, UK, September 5-8, 2017. Abstract deadline: April 3, 2017, 9AM. Student bursaries available.
- "From molecules to cells and back", 42nd FEBS Congress. Jerusalem, Israel. 10–14 September 2017.
- "Genomics, Epigenetics and Gene Regulation", University of Essex, Colchester, UK. 14th September 2017. Free registration. Speaker slots available. [This is our local event; I am a member of the scientific committee but not an organiser, please do not email me your abstracts :)].
- DNA topoisomerases and DNA topology. EMBO Workshop. Les Diablerets, Switzerland, September 17–21, 2017. Abstract deadline: 31st May 2017.
- Gene Regulatory Networks for Development, Advanced course. Marine Biological Laboratory, The University of Chicago, USA. October 8-21, 2017. Application deadline: June 29, 2017.
- Winter School on Quantitative Systems Biology (smr 3162), Internaitonal Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, December 4-22, 2017. Fellowships for developing countries.